Friday, November 28, 2008

Is it over yet??

The holiday season has just begun, and I'm already filled with joy (sarcastic tone). I didn't want to put up a Christmas tree because we have a kitten and a baby. Tree + kitten/baby = trouble. Everyone threw a fit, so we went out and bought a $25 pre-lit white tree in lieu of the 7 1/2 footer we generally put up. The tree was not even out of the box and the cat started chewing on and laying in it. Not a good sign. So, the tree has been up for 3 days and is already trashed. I'm pretty sure Tiger lays in it when we're asleep.

Yesterday, we went to Seward for Thanksgiving, which was fun. When we got home around 7:00 pm, we noticed that the dogs were nowhere to be found. Luckily, Colby found them after a quick drive around the neighborhood.

Then, this evening our water heater gave out. My husband and father in law are at the hardware store buying a new one, and I'm hoping it will fit. I need hot water for bathing, washing dishes, and sanity. At least this happened today when I have someone home to help me out.

On a positive note, I did receive a coupon from a friend for free Kraft cheese (thanks, Stacy!). I'm thankful for the small things. . . . .

No comments: