Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What a Fine Mess

Currently in my daughters' room, every toy from the toy box and toy drawers is out on the floor. Every blanket is off the bed. The spare crib mattress is out and being used as a trampoline. It's not just a mess in there. It's a disaster. There's no way you could walk in there, unless you're looking to puncture your foot on a Barbie arm. However, I hear three giggling kids playing pirate ship, spaceship, and world explorers. Twenty minutes of being left alone is worth the 20 minutes it will take them to clean it up.

The girls and I went to Panera Bread today for lunch with my friend Sara who came to visit from Norfolk. Evelyn loves Panera, which is good because it's my favorite. We had tacos and tostadas for supper. Evie just wanted to eat a bowl of shredded cheese and nothing else, but I told her she should probably eat something with it.

Dade can actually play a song on his trumpet- jingle bells. Christmas is in the air! It's quite good up until the last note, which comes warbling out like it's the trumpet's dying declaration.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

When the playroom at my house needs to be cleaned, it's like turning the compost heap.....fabulous long-lost toys will be found at the bottom. I dread the chore.