Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Bold and the Beautiful

Yesterday was storytime. Soren has really come out of her shell lately. I'm beginning to think I liked her better shy and reserved. The problem is that not only is she increasingly bold, but she's also a leader. Example: Soren approaches the table where all the name tags sit waiting for moms to pick up the appropriate ones for their children. Even though she already has her own name tag, she decides that she needs to be Genevieve, Thomas, and Eliam, too. She proudly runs back to my lap with her stolen items. Soon enough, after a brief and totally unintelligible conversation, she's got another toddler at the table with her stealing even more name tags. The other kid went too far though and tried stealing tags directly from other kids (he was a boy). Soren would never do anything so aggressive because she's a girl. Or at least I like to think. . . . .

A couple of months ago she wouldn't even leave my lap. Now she approaches people in the grocery store, follows other kids around the park, etc. It's both good and bad that she has this newly discovered independence. I'm hoping that it develops into confidence. She reminds me so much of Brody, who is both bold and a leader in his kindergarten. His teacher told me at conferences that she wishes all the kids could be like him. I thought for a moment she had the wrong kid in mind. At home he is stubborn, but at school he channels it into positive areas.

It's a beautiful day again, so we took the dogs on a walk. We went to the park yesterday after school, and I suppose we'll go again today. Dade gets his glasses tomorrow afternoon, and Grandma Connie is coming to visit and stay the night.

2 comments:

Scott said...

What should the Bills do?

Personally if the Rams don't want to resign Tory Holt the Bills need to make him an offer that will bring him to buffalo. Another option is to wait for T.O. not to get signed by any other team and then throw him a bone for a 2 year deal.

Scott said...

one last comment - I can't believe the things that people do in Lincoln - "seriously a cat in a bong". I also can't believe that Nichole hasn't blogged on this.