Thursday, March 26, 2009

Swimming Practice



In preparation for our May vacation, I wanted to make sure all the kids had bathing suits that fit. The kids were all happy to dig out their bathing suits and try them on. Evelyn wore her suit most of the day despite the fact that it was freezing outside. They were also so excited about swimming that they wanted to "swim" in the bathtub. Since the boys are on Spring Break and don't have much else to do thanks to this "beautiful" weather, I let them play swimming pool in the tub.

Yesterday it was nice enough to play outside, so we went over to the neighbors' house and played on their swingset. Soren played with Taver, our neighbors' grandson, but they kept fighting over toys. Evelyn rode a bike, and the boys chased and tackled each other, as usual.

Soren has spent the last few days being very clingy. She holds onto my pantleg and cries every time I prepare a meal no matter what time of day. I also weaned her this week finally, so I suppose she's pissed about that. She didn't even run around at storytime yesterday.

The kids are eating lunch now, tortilla pizzas. Oddly enough, I just heard this come out of Dade's mouth, "But where are we going to get a pie?" I guess I should monitor their lunch conversations. And now I just heard this from Dade, "Don't say that. That's a homosexual." WTF are they talking about? Pies and gays? Polite lunch conversation at my house.

3 comments:

Colby31 said...

What are you doing to my kids!!!!
Just kidding. I think they were having a very advanced conversation about culture and current events. You can not stop the wee little ones from growing up. Nothing is funnier than a group of children talking, especially when no parents are around.

Stacy said...

Wow, them kids are going to need some sunscreen.

A few weeks ago, I did the very same thing :).

parbule: a pus-filled carbuncle.

Anonymous said...

Colby are going to hold up a stage coach?

scott