Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Mighty Wind A' Blowin (I Hope it Takes This House)

It was sooooo windy here today that our metal and wood patio table blew over and slid all over the deck. I won't complain because folks north of us are blanketed in the "joy" of an early Spring snow storm. In any case, here I sit mildly depressed and blogging while all the mulch from my landscaping blows away.

You see, I have a syndrome. I think my husband would call it Impossible to Please-itis. My house is perfectly suitable, warm, plumbed, and toileted to be a castle for many less fortunate people. I, however, am displeased. I hate this house. I hate that I'm here all the time. I hate that no matter where I am in the house I can hear kids. I hate that we haven't painted any rooms besides the kids' rooms (which leads me to believe that my priorities are in the wrong place). Although I am happy to have the means to buy our children lots of toys, I hate that we have absolutely no room for any of it. I hate that it's so freakin' hot in here in the summer that we sit and sweat. I hate that my "backyard" is a mud hole in the winter and a weed patch in the summer.

I especially hate that every time we move, our house is worse than the one before. I don't want people to come here, and I don't want to go to other people's houses because they have nicer things. So, I'm left pretty isolated in this house I hate.

I don't want to sound like I hate the life that goes on in this house. However, I often feel like something just isn't right here. I love living in Lincoln, but I only wish we had the means to have a better life here. God, just typing this makes me feel worse. My eyes are filling with tears, wondering why I can't be happy among the many blessings I have. Maybe I'll never be happy.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Sounds to me like you suffer from the Cold Wind in Nebraska syndrome, also known as Why the F&*K isn't it Spring Yet?

I am a big fan of paint for housing happiness. But painting with 4 kids underfoot pretty much sounds like hell. Sounds like a project for the hubby's return.

Hope tomorrow is better.

gurce = ?