Monday, March 23, 2009

Sleepover


Dade the weekend in Seward having a sleepover with my brother Adam. As such, the other children were quiet and well-behaved most of the weekend. Seriously. Dade tends to be the noisiest and most troublesome child. I don't know why this is, but I tend to think he acts as an antagonist to the others. His ADHD leaves him with poor impulse control, so he rarely uses an inside voice. He is a bright and happy child with a great sense of humor and sunny disposition. However, he's like a huge Labrador retriever that has no idea of it's size and power and knocks over everything in it's path. So happy yet so dangerous. . .

Anyway, since Brody won't sleep downstairs by himself and Evie was still coughing like crazy, the older two slept in the living room and had a sleepover of their own. In the morning the kids enjoyed bowls of cookie crisp cereal for breakfast. I don't let them eat it on school days because of its sugar content, so when I let them have it on the weekend it's a special treat. Brody will have it for every meal if allowed.

We are still trying to recover form our colds. Soren is at the worst of it, and the rest of us are on the downhill side. The boys don't have school this week, but instead of the weather being warm and sunny it is supposed to be windy and chilly. Thank you Goddess in heaven for your fricken irony. Do you want me to go nuts??

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh my: all 4 of 'em at home. I hope that you get some warm weather to open the windows and send the germs packing.

verify is gleclei....?