Monday, January 3, 2011

Filled Cupcakes

My good friend and bowling teammate celebrated her birthday yesterday. She told me she wanted cake: white cake and white frosting. Seizing the opportunity to buy a contraption to both decorate and fill cupcakes, I happily obliged.

I scoured my usual recipe websites for a white cake that wouldn't crumble when filled. Then, of course, I had to find a filling recipe and a white frosting recipe. I've made lots of types of frosting before (ganache, buttercream, cream cheese, etc.) but never just white. Let's just say I'm pretty sure a fair amount of shortening and powdered sugar will be ingested by whomever eats the lovely, filled cupcakes.

Soren was a big "help" mixing the cake batter and getting it into the muffin tin. Yes, she always wears a summer dress in January. She marches to her own beat (or at least that's what I keep telling myself). I left her alone with a stick of butter to go grab my camera, and I'm pretty sure she, um, performed a little quality control tasting of said butter.








Here are the cupcakes all filled with sugary goodness.


And here they are all ready to be delivered to my friend tonight at bowling.

No comments: