Monday, January 31, 2011

Just Another Manic Monday

Today started off so well.

But thanks to the freezing rain, I was unable to take Evelyn to her dentist appointment. Frankly, I was just happy to get the kids to school. The roads are atrocious as freezing rain/snow continue.

So, I guess I'm not bowling tonight, either. That makes me sad, sad, sad.

Colby's still sore from his procedure, and I am seriously tired of waiting on him hand and foot while still continuing to do all the other family chores. All of them. I now know for sure that I couldn't handle five kids after being Colby's "mom" since Thursday.

On the bright side, Colby spent his afternoon with an ice pack and a pile of popcorn box-shaped valentines to cut out. More on that as Valentine's Day approaches. I made banana bread and pureed some veggies. Our good friend who is headed to Puerto Rico this week went out in this mess to buy a swimming suit. As such, her 5-year-old son is here keeping Soren occupied.

And we are finishing up watching the fourth season of 30 Rock on Netflix. I guess sore balls are good for something.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh my.

I hope that everyone is feeling better very soon.

Failing that, I recommend an adult beverage.

Verify is prosta....which sounds a lot like protate, if you ask me.