Monday, January 24, 2011

Not the Biggest Loser but Maybe the Most Motivated

One of our family doctor's clinics is having a Biggest Loser style competition. You set a goal to lose weight, and judging by the percent of body fat lost the winner receives an iPad. Sweet.

Now, I don't actually have that much weight to lose as far as I'm concerned. I made Colby join the challenge, too, in the hopes that it will motivate us both to maintain our gym attendance and maybe improve our eating habits. I'm pretty sure if I just cut crap food out of my diet I could lose 10 pounds. Just because Terra chips are made of root vegetables doesn't mean they're healthy. When I set out on my quest to lose weight last year, I adhered to a strict (but not restrictive) diet. Once I got down to a size 12 I started eating whatever I wanted again, and I just made a couple of extra trips to the gym to compensate.

So, starting Thursday I will be back on the diet with my eyes on a new iPad. I'm pretty sure if I could lose just 15 pounds I could win because that's 10% of my body weight. Colby could care less about being in the contest, and he honestly doesn't think he needs to lose any weight. While I appreciate and envy his self confidence, the truth is, Babe, you could shed a few pounds around the middle.

Let the games begin.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Wait....Terra chips don't count as a vegetable serving? That sucks.