Wednesday, April 8, 2009

But this Grill is Not a Home



The return of Spring brings the return of the annoying black birds who try to make a nest in our grill. Last year I bitched at the kids about putting sticks in the grill until I realized it was the birds. This year, they're at it again. My neighbor told me that the previous home owner had the same problem. As you can see, I photographed the offender with weapon in beak. I also photographed my grill filled with burnt leaves and sticks, as well as a few fresh ones. Every time I light the grill, it smells like a bonfire. All those pine needles, weeds, and grass surely can't make my food taste better either.

After two Springs, I think I finally figured out how to end this madness: leave the grill's lid open to make the spot less desirable for a nest. The birds have been sitting quite confused on the edge of the deck since I thought up this tactic. Let's hope it works.

If anyone can guess where the title for this blog comes from, I'll give you a dollar. . .

1 comment:

Colby31 said...

It is from Sponge Bob Square pants. Sponge is won by plankton in a card game.

Where is my dollar?????