Friday, April 3, 2009

It's a Surprise Party!!. . . or Maybe a Pity Party. . .



I am officially in my thirties. Funny thing, actually. I feel more mature. I feel like I'm actually a grown up now, despite the fact that I had my first child when I was still a teenager. I think the difference is that now society no longer lets me write things off as "youthful indiscretion" because I'm no longer in my youth. I think 30 is the cut off point to claim that you made mistakes because you were "young and stupid." By age 30 you should have lived enough life that young and stupid don't apply.

As a wonderful surprise for my otherwise uneventful birthday, my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and nephew drove to Lincoln from Omaha to surprise me with pizza!! It was really nice to chat with Amber, and I know the kids had fun beating up Scott. Ethan loved our cable t.v. The only bad part: I'm pretty sure they came out of pity. Well, I needed the company anyway, so I'll take it any way I can get it. Seriously, it was extremely nice of them to come. It meant a whole lot to me, and I'm glad I have such a lovely family!

You won't find Brody in the shot of me and the kids because he was being his usual, "I am not getting my picture taken!" self. When he's older I'm sure he'll complain that he wasn't ever in any pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nichole,
We didn't come out of pitty. We came only because WE LOVE YOU :)

(And also the fact that your husband was out of town for your 30th birthday)

Amber
P.S. I am sure that Ethan will be asking for cable TV now.

Stacy said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Sounds like it was fun. And 30? That makes me feel incredibly old.

Hope the weekend is good.