Saturday, April 4, 2009

We are the Champions, My Friend

This morning when Brody brought in the newspaper, I asked the kids to help pick out the teams we would cheer for in the Final Four. I showed them the photo and told them the teams. Dade chose Michigan Sate, and Brody chose North Carolina. Wouldn't you know it. . . my boys are great team choosers! North Carolina will face Michigan State for the championship, but I'm not sure for whom we'll cheer. Maybe we'll be a house divided. Either way, we're winners.

My parents drove in from Seward for a visit. My brother Alex wanted me to go shopping with him, and after much arm pulling (not) I went. I got some great perfume at Gordman's: it smells exactly like Strawberry Shortcake doll. It's awesome! I also got a ceramic bunny that's a dead ringer for one of those Eater chocolate bunnies. It's less fattening. Brody's soccer game was cancelled due to the rain and lightning. He didn't mind because he had lots to occupy him at home, like kicking the crap out of Alex and eating Twinkies. We all had a lovely visit.

On a more serious note, my Grandma Emma is in the hospital again due to side effects of her chemotherapy. If you're the praying type, please add her to your list. She is the praying type and would appreciate your thoughts. She's had a long struggle, and I wish her better days ahead.

No comments: