Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Talkin' 'Bout My Girl


I have to write a bit about how my lovely daughter Evelyn is a blessing in my life. Lately, she's been so helpful around the house. She's very agreeable to just about anything. She'll do anything for a piece of gum. This morning I asked her to pick up all the toys off the living room floor so I could vacuum. She said, "Yes, Ma'am," and picked them up. No whining or complaining.

She is always talking or singing. It's annoying if I'm trying to watch t.v. or talk on the phone, but really quite endearing throughout the day. She makes up little songs and dances. She has ballet lessons in the living room. She can do almost anything all by herself, even stuff I'd rather she not do by herself. She always has a kind word and a thank you. She's so precious and smart. She laughs like Ernie on Sesame Street. She loves to watch cooking shows and says, "I'm gonna make that," or "I'd eat that." She licks the stick of butter if you leave it in plain sight. She always says excuse me when she burps or farts. Honestly, I don't know where she gets that.

Evelyn told me last week that she's changing her name to Hannah Montana. No matter what she calls herself, she'll always be my girl. I wish I could keep her little and precocious forever, but sadly in 10 years she will have boobs and want a cell phone. She'll probably date Brody's friends (the ones I don't like). Oh well. For now she's just Mommy's little helper.

No comments: