Thursday, April 23, 2009

Celebrate Spring


Soren was wearing just her nightgown and diaper when we took Dade to band this morning. No shoes. No coat. No hat or mittens. I love that!

The girls and I planted some begonias and marigolds a few days ago. This will be our only attempt at gardening. Hopefully, their will to live is greater than my inability to care for them. And, yes, the metal flowers count, too. If I can keep them alive.

I already have a sunburn from spending hours outside with the kids. The girls are, of course, toasty brown like their daddy. Meanwhile, I'm like a lobster the day of the burn and back to pasty white the day after. Neat. The good news is, with Colby home I have actually been shaving my legs just enough so that I can look decent in my capris. Hu rah! Dade is in fishing club at school, and they're going on their first fishing trip today at the nearby fishin' hole. I read in the paper (yes, a piece of paper with words printed on it that is neatly folded and placed on the front steps) that these afterschool programs are about to get the ax due to budget shortfalls. I realllllly hope they can find something else to cut. The paper said cutting the CLC afterschool programs would save 15 cents a day. 15 cents. Again, 15whole cents.

I also get to see my neighbors a lot more now. After being shut-ins for the last 4 months, we are all happy to get out and play. Spring brings so many gifts, as I said in my last blog. I feel so much better now.

No comments: