Friday, April 17, 2009

Smell This, Mom

We had a great start to the weekend. Brody went home with his friend Justin after school. They went to movie night at the elementary school and had a really good time. They watched Bolt and ate popcorn. When Dede dropped Brody off, he and his friends decided to ride our bike and scooters around the block even though it was 8:30 pm and dark. Boys.

Dade, Evie, Soren, and I went to a Scentsy candle party at my friend's house. It was a really nice time to visit with ladies and chit chat. I also got to see a friend from high school I hadn't seen in years. Dade got to eat his weight in chips and frozen cream puffs. Evelyn and Soren played with baby Aubree (see previous blog post regarding our babysitting experience). Soren also ate her weight in chips and strawberries while Evie smelled every single wax sample. You can tell that I never buy chips because every time the kids are around them it's like chips are the best thing they've ever had. Crazy.

After Evelyn so graciously encouraged me to smell every single wax sample (Smell this one, too, Mommy, and this one, and this one. . . . . . ), I decided on leather, cashmere, red apple, and a pineapple coconut thing. Soren showed off her ability to climb any surface to get to a bowl of chips. Dade hung out downstairs, ate chips, and watched Discovery Channel. I think it's a glimpse of his future. . .

Colby is spending the night in South Bend, IN before heading home in the morning. Grandma Connie is coming tomorrow to help out because Brody has two soccer games (weather permitting). I will be surrounded by my loving family and noisy children. Pass the Valium, uh, I mean, what could be better? :-)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

leather and cashmere? really Nichole? that's sick. and wrong.