Monday, April 20, 2009

ReFUNd

I enjoy the Spring for many reasons. Pretty flowers, rainy days, warmer weather (but not too warm), and the income tax refund. I LOVE the tax refund. In the last few weeks I have paid off some debt, bought everyone shoes for the summer (no small task around here, and I think I need a stimulus check just for that), and purchased some new curtains for around the house. This year we racked up quite a bit of debt buying a dryer, water heater, dishwasher, computer, and television. I was just waiting for the refrigerator to die. We are also going to buy sod for our back "yard" which will afterwards be an actual backyard. Grass is more expensive than I thought. I bought Colby a whole new wardrobe of work slacks so he doesn't have to go to work looking like a hobo. We're also going on vacation in May, so we'll have leisure expenses (and the cost of boarding the dogs, having their teeth cleaned and getting their shots). And don't forget the oodles of paint and supplies we'll be needing to spruce up the joint.

In other words, tax time is party time around here. I can actually afford to buy Starbucks!!!!!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Wow. All that activity just tires me out.

That might be why the verify is: geser.