Monday, April 27, 2009

Sunday


Sunday was rainy yet again, but it was a soft, lovely rain that danced off the pavement and brought new life to the dandelions, I mean, lawn. With the lure of outdoor activities gone, Colby finally went through his closet to make room for the new work wardrobe mentioned previously. to my surprise, he actually got rid of some stuff. Mr. Never-Gets-Rid-of-Anything gave into the pressure of running out of hangers and a nagging wife. The kids are a little crazy, but a bit of Lego Indiana Jones for the boys kept them occupied. Late in the afternoon, Sara and Travis came by with their kiddos. We ate pizza and the kids played. Soren followed Reese around and tried to hug and kiss her. Reese wasn't having it. When it was time to go, Gavin decided he was going to stay with us. Mom and Dad had other ideas, and he was whisked off to the car. Next time, Gavos.

I love having good friends, but I wished these two lived closer. Maybe the wind will someday blow them to Lincoln. I'm selfish (duh) and want everyone to come to me. Heavens knows I won't soon (ever) be moving back to Norfolk. We finally feel like we're at home and plan on staying a long time. Now if everyone would just cooperate and come with me. . .

No comments: