Tuesday, September 8, 2009

And the Sickness Continues


Evie hasn't moved from her spot on the couch all day. She hasn't eaten anything since yesterday morning. Her throat hurts, and she has a cough.

Soren had a horrible day yesterday. She looked like death warmed over as you can tell from the photo. Colby and I spent most of yesterday sitting in a chair holding one girl or the other. Neither of us got much sleep last night between Evelyn's coughing and crying, Soren's fever, and cleaning up puked on sheets thanks to a mean coughing attack from Soren.

I wish my life involved something more than sickness, but for the past week it's been like the movie Groundhog Day. I feel blessed that it's only a passing virus and not a chronic illness, though. The weather is so beautiful, and I want nothing more than to take the kids outside to walk their babies or meander through the zoo. We haven't even been able to go to story time. Come on, girls!! Let's show this virus who's boss!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Golly, that sucks.

I just hope that you don't get sick. Then the whole house of cards would fold.

Hang in there!