Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Dade!



Dade turned 11 years old on September 25th. It's hard to believe I'm the parent of a middle schooler and will soon be looking at a young man instead of a boy.

Colby took Dade and his friends to laser tag and CiCi's Pizza. Colby's words upon returning home from the party: Just shoot me now. The boys had a fantastic time, but Daddy was a little overwhelmed, I guess. One of the kids has Aspberger's Syndrome and freaked out because he got stuck in plastic handcuffs. Another kid kept saying, "Goddamnit!" when he got shot in laser tag. He's 11 and apparently a sailor.

Brody spent Friday night at his friend's house so Dade could have a little break and hang out with the big boys. After all the times I've told my sons that your brother is your brother for life and more important than your friends, I let Dade ditch Brody for a big kid borthday party. And, yes, Brody made sure to point this out a hundred times.

No comments: