Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Back to Normal Life


After weeks of illness, I think we're finally back to being the normal, fun-loving, rowdy Vescapades family. Colby is still a little under the weather, but he's well enough to mow and do all the other regular Dad activities. On his day home from work Monday, I took a photo of our quiet afternoon. As much as I enjoy a quiet afternoon, it usually means someone isn't feeling well.

Actually, my quiet afternoons are now being interrupted by our developmentally disabled neighbor, Kurt Textley, and his LOUD radio blaring in the back yard. We've asked the group home repeatedly to keep him in check. We hadn't had any problems with the next door group home until Kurt's arrival. We can only take so much junk tossed over the fence into our yard, and I shouldn't have to close my windows just so that I don't have to listen to his radio all day. Not that it would matter anyway because I can hear the music with the windows closed. It is entertaining, however, to hear him singing along. He also stands in the backyard listening to his iPod and yelling out, "Hey Shorty! Hey Shorty!" and "Fuck you, bitch!" Obviously, he likes the gangsta rap.

The girls and I are headed to story time today. We haven't gone in ages because of illness, so it will be nice to see our library friends again.

No comments: