Wednesday, September 2, 2009

H1N1 Hits the Vescapades House

Despite a negative test, Dr. Hottie thinks Brody has the dreaded H1N1 flu virus. It sounds like it's starting to hit Lincoln's schools pretty hard. The poor kid has a fever, cough, and horrible sore throat for which Dr. Hottie prescribed some Tylenol with codeine. I'm hoping that my freakish housecleaning will keep it, whatever it is, from spreading. I think I should've bought stock in handsoap and disinfectant wipes. He's missed two days of school this week and won't be going tomorrow either. Good thing he's just a first grader.

In other news, I've been experimenting with some new recipes. Homemade cheeseburger macaroni was a hit with the girls and Colby. Corn fritters were a hit with me and Soren. Tonight's grilled fish with lemon concoction was not well received, but my sour-hating husband kindly choked his down anyway. I guess I'll have to make meatloaf to make up for it. Of course, if I really wanted to please the kiddos I'd just make chicken nuggets every night. I'm planning on experimenting on Colby's coworkers with a chocolate and saltine cracker creation for Friday's food day at the office. Today's banana muffins were gone in a flash, so at least I have that going for me. :)

1 comment:

Stacy said...

All that cooking with a sick kid at home....I'm impressed. I hope that the virus doesn't spread through your peeps.

And glad that you liked the corn fritters!