Saturday, September 26, 2009

Football and Remodeling


We spent this weekend finishing up some projects that were long overdue: fixing up the master bedroom and putting on the new front door. In between our work we still had plenty of time for play. Grandparents from all sides came to visit. We watched the Husker football game and ate pizza. We babysat our nephew-dog Pennington James. The girls carried him around the whole time, and Evie said, "Can I be P.J.'s mom while Carrie's gone?" She even earned a few bucks from Aunt Carrie for being such a good dog sitter.

We had dance class again on Saturday morning. Parking was awful downtown because of the football game, and I had a few choice words for the parking lot attendants charging $3.00 for an hour of parking. The first word started with F and the second started with Y. Carrie and Jacob watched Evie at dance class while I took the remaining children to the post office. Colby was at work, but I managed not to slit my wrists while enduring hellish parking, whiny kids, and football fans. Go me.

No comments: