Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Sickness Continues


Well, Evie now has a fever. It started Friday evening. She had to miss her very first dance class. This stupid flu is really pissing me off. Evelyn is soooooo much easier to care for when she's sick than is Brody. Brody is a complainer. Evie just quietly asks for a drink and her medicine without a fuss. Brody cries. Evie chills. In honor of the first Husker game of the season, the girls put on their cheerleader suits. You can see in Evie's eyes that she feels crummy, but she still has a pose and a smile. Since Brody missed 4 days of school, he is now sitting at the "preschool table" doing his homework and, of course, bitching about it.

My back is stiff as a board today, and I can barely turn my head. I LOVE getting older. I think it has something to do with sitting on the couch for like 10 hours yesterday reading My Sister's Keeper. I can't say that I really liked the book so much as just wanted to know who dies in the end.

Today's beautiful weather means yard work. The grass is about a foot high, and I think Colby is finally going to build the compost box. I will be looking straight ahead and attempting to not mess up my back anymore than it already is.

No comments: