Monday, March 15, 2010

Biscuits and Gravy



My new effort to eat fewer processed foods has led me to try homemade biscuits. I haven't perfected them, but they taste pretty good. The taste is right, but they aren't fluffy and beautiful no matter how little I handle them. They look nothing like what pops out of the canister from Pilsbury which I'm sad to say is what my children expect when I say "biscuit".

Biscuits and gravy is one of Colby's favorite foods, but the kids had been reluctant to try it. We ended up making them all try some, and it turns out that they all really liked it. It's hard to please everyone at once, but biscuits and gravy did the trick.

Any advice on how to make the perfect biscuit would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Your biscuits look fine ----- like a kind of southern biscuit called a cat's head *for the size....no cats are harmed in the baking).

Here is my recipe: http://sassafrasmama.blogspot.com/2009/02/food-friday-mamas-biscuits.html

Happy baking!