Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Can We Skip Today?

I overslept this morning because my goofy phone (which doubles as my alarm clock) lost daylight savings time momentarily and went an hour back. WTF? Luckily, we still had plenty of time to get Dade ready and to the bus stop. I've had a terrible migraine since 10:30 am. I should've known this day would suck.

My daycare girl has diarrhea. Not her fault, but it still sucks. She pooped her pants three times today. And by "poop" I mean SHIT EVERYWHERE. Poor thing. I can't help but feel a little sorry for myself, too.

To top it all off, Dade has a band concert tonight. Reminder: I still have a migraine. And he left his trumpet on the school bus. So, I called the school to see if the bus driver could leave it at the office (which closes at 4:30 pm). The school calls at 4:10 pm: the trumpet is there. "Okay," I say to the kids, "get your shoes on we have to go." But wait. Daycare daughter has crapped all over herself and neglected to inform me. And it's a 15 minute drive to school. You do the math. Nearly in tears, I call my lifesaver/friend Dede who drives over to the school to get the trumpet. She and her husband have bailed me out more than once. I don't know what I would do without them. Dade owes her poop clean up in her yard, which should be great for him because they have a St. Bernard and a black lab. Large poop and lots of it. Karma is a bitch.

So, I'm hoping a little caffeine and some more Excedrin will cure my headache so the rest of the evening can be more enjoyable. And I'm going to Ivanna Cone no matter what time it is and no matter what diet I'm on.

No comments: