Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Honestly, I have no idea who on earth St. Patrick is. I am confident of two things: he is a leprechaun and he likes green. No?? I must add that I do indeed have Irish ancestry, so it's kind of embarrassing that I know nothing about St. Patrick.

Our St. Patty's Day celebration included the traditional wearing of green. We also baked mint brownies, although I had to leave out the green food coloring because I couldn't find it. I know. Lame. Our brownies had three layers and were a little more time consuming than I thought. I suppose my four little leprechaun "helpers" were part of that. There were four kids who had to pour, stir, and taste, you know.




The kids checked on the brownies periodically as they baked.


I also took the little ones to story time per our Wednesday tradition. Thankfully, Reese's diarrhea didn't rear its ugly head. A girl can only be thankful for the little things.

No comments: