Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Healthy Body Challenge Update

OMG! My weight today is 165.4 lbs. . . WITH ALL MY CLOTHES ON!! Last time I weighed myself I was also 165 lbs., but I cheated and took off all my clothes just for a little ego boost. I am so proud to be losing weight but still eating great food that doesn't come frozen in a cardboard box or from a can.

I'm keeping up with my gym attendance, which is probably the reason I continue to lose weight. I try to go four times a week plus swimming with the kids at least two times a week. I'm also very proud to have my children involved in a more healthy lifestyle. I don't want them to be the fat kid at school like I was, although these days there are a lot of fat kids at school. And why wouldn't there be with things like cheese sticks and tacos and french fries on the school lunch menu every day?

I think sometimes people think I'm a snob when I point out that maybe canned soup, Doritos, macaroni and cheese, and Velveeta just aren't the best things to have on your daily menu. They used to be on ours. I really just want people the understand that just because we have access to certain foods doesn't mean we should eat them. Just because some foods are "convenient" doesn't mean we should be putting them in our bodies on a daily basis. I guess if that makes me a snob (that and the fact that I won't go to Wal Mart) then so be it.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Good for you!

I couldn't agree more about how we define convenient. That' really the crux of the matter as far as I am concerned.