Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Is Coming!!

Yesterday is was nearly 70 degrees outside. The kids and I went for a long walk, rode scooters, and played in the yard. Brody was even playing baseball with the littler kids. Tiger got to come outside and explore without just standing on the deck meowing at snow. They got to play in the sandbox for the first time in months. Evelyn insisted on keeping poor Jefferson on his leash, "walking" him around the backyard, and holding the leash while she played in the sandbox. Of course, when they came inside I remembered why I hate the sandbox. Talk about bringing the outdoors in. . .



And, yes, Evie is wearing Hannah Montana sunglasses and a replica of Snow White's dress (which are actually pajamas) over pants. That's how she rolls.

I also took the opportunity to check out the perennials planted last year. The catnip and oregano are greening up nicely, and the daisies in the front yard are sprouting little green chutes. I'm interested to see if the bushes we planted last summer will return to us this year. The dogs really enjoyed laying on them all last summer which wasn't great for the bushes' well being. I can't wait to start on our Spring yard projects: building a new play area for the kids, doing some landscaping, and planting the vegetable garden. I'm sure Colby does not share my enthusiasm. I can hear his bitching even now: damn garden, damn shedding dogs, damn sand all over, damn grass needs to be raked, damn dogs crap all over the place, etc. But I refuse to let him ruin my damn Spring joy.


Today, being good ol' Nebraska, the weather is cold, dreary, and rainy. Hopefully, the sun returns soon so the kids can go back out and finish their sand fights and scooter races.

No comments: