Sunday, March 21, 2010

Preschool Update

It has been quite a long time since I've written about all the goings on of preschool. We have already come so far and learned so much that it would be hard to cram it into one blog post. We've learned the alphabet to letter M. We've learned about our country and our solar system. We've learned about the life cycle of a frog. I'm looking forward to gardening with the kids.



My little home school has meant so much to me. I'd never taught anyone to write his/her name before, although I probably should've. I like scouring the Internet for little projects we can do. It's rewarding to see how much the kids have improved their coloring and writing and cutting. I don't think I could ever handle a room full of preschoolers, but our 4 person crew is just fine.

When Evie goes off to kindergarten in the fall my heart will break. I know I'll feel sad when I see her empty chair at our preschool table. But I know that I'll have sent her off into the world already knowing things many kids in her class won't know (insert your own joke here about how much she knows about where babies come from and what boy/girl parts are called. hardy har har).

No comments: