Monday, October 11, 2010

Chuck E. Cheese

All women with children have something that they hate to do with their kids. My list is quite long, but here are the worst: I hate the zoo, and I hate Chuck E. Cheese. I put aside my disdain, and we headed to Chuck's for Soren's birthday party.


Colby and the other dads had fun playing skee-ball, basketball, and other things with the kids. Thank goodness my designated area was guarding the purses, presents, and cupcakes with all the other moms. We must have went through about a thousand game tokens as the kids ran wild playing games and riding on stuff. Soren rode with Taver in the car that takes photos until the thing was out of photo paper.


She said, "Mom, don't take my picture in here! It takes the picture by itslelf!" You can see her pointing at the machine's built-in camera.


The boy is taller than me!!


Our nephew Ethan came along with Grandpa and Grandma. Ethan will be a big brother on the 12th. Yay, Ethan! We can't wait to meet the new little Vesely.


My "little" brother came along with my parents and other brother and sisters. I told him I needed a photo of him with his pretty cupcake and princess plate. What 16-year-old boy doesn't want a photo with his pretty cupcake?


Soren and Reese on the caterpillar ride.


When it came time to open presents, Soren literally tore the wrapping off and threw the new toys aside. She didn't even see what she got, she just wanted to get them all opened up. She got really great gifts from our really great group of friends and family. Thanks!!

But the best part of the day (despite this day being a day of celebration for Soren) was when Brody let me take his photo without any complaint. Mark it on your calendars, people.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

We like to call Chuck E. Cheese the Pizza Rat.....and I'm not sorry to say goodbye to the rat.

Glad that the b-day girl had fun!