Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Soren's Fairytales

Every day after lunch, Soren and I sit down and read books, sing songs, and tell stories. We had a bunch of new books from the library after our trip to storytime, but Soren had her own story in mind.

I usually start the story by saying, "Once upon a time there was...." and then she fills in the rest. Here is Soren's story from today:

Me: Once upon a time there was....

Soren: A princess. Who lived in a castle. And there was a prince. He couldn't find her, so he asked the manager to help him find her.

Me: The manager?? Did it work?

Soren: No, they couldn't find her because she was far away at my house.

Me: Did the princess try yelling out the window so he could hear her?

Soren: No, he went home with the manager.

Sorry, princess. That's what you get for hanging out at my house.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I'm pretty sure that Soren is on to something here.....a parable for the 21st century.