Saturday, October 16, 2010

Vala's Pumpkin Patch

It was a fantastic day to be outside, so we headed to the pumpkin patch to spend the day with Colby's brother and his wife and kids. Amber and I planned this trip weeks ago, and Kort's arrival 4 days beforehand (and the subsequent damage this caused to Amber's body) wasn't going to keep us from enjoying the beautiful day.

After being at dance for nearly three hours, Colby came to pick up Evelyn and me - and ended up stuck in traffic headed to Memorial Stadium for the Husker game. Seriously, people, this whole football thing is overrated and is very disruptive to my Saturday mornings. The interstate traffic headed into Lincoln was literally at a standstill at Ashland and was backed up all the way to Gretna - our stop for the pumpkin patch. It was nuts. And the Huskers lost.

Anyhoo, I don't think we could've asked for a nicer day to cook hot dogs over a fire, make s'mores, or walk through a corn maze. It was awesome. Colby and Scott spent most of the day chasing the kids, while I spent most of the day holding Kort and visiting with Amber (she's a trooper - she just had a baby...with the help of forceps...and has those wonderful milk-sodden new mom bosoms... need I go on? I won't. Sorry, Amber!).

Soren's obsession with maps was well fed during our trip. Although she can't read a map, she thinks she can, which in her mind is good enough.


Colby and Scott look ready to take on a day with 6 kids, right? I heard this phrase more than once from Colby, "Can you bring beer in this place?" Amber suggested sneaking wine into the place in soda cans. Alas, soda had to be sufficient.


All the kids (minus Kort) ready for some corn-pickin' good times.


Me and my girlies.


The kids had to stick their faces in every possible character cut-out or torture device.



The dads and Dade made sure everyone got a good view of the pig races.


Our nephew Ethan was happy to be with his cousins.


Dade with a mouthful of some goodie I'm sure I don't let him eat at home, hence the mouth FULL.


Brody wearing the garage sale Napa auto parts cap he got from his friend.


If only this were actually true sometimes...

No comments: