Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cheese and Rice It's Hot in Here


It is now 82 degrees in my house. Yes, my air conditioner is running. Non stop. I had it checked out last month and all was well. Frankly, I'm not convinced. I've been doing some research online, and most sites said that realistically the air conditioner should keep one's house 20 degrees cooler than the air outside. Looking at it this way, I guess my system is fine. The local news website says the heat index in 109 degrees. WTF? Is this frickin' Arizona? It's JUNE!! Good god. I'm about to leave and take the kids somewhere cooler. Like HELL.

Have I mentioned how much I hate the summer? I'm thinking I need to have someone come and check out my whole HVAC system (ducts, air return, etc) and not just the a/c and furnace unit. Or am I just expecting too much on a hotter than hell day?

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Some advice from one who has traveled this route:

1. Check your vents and vacuum them out (not a fun chore).
2. Change your filters.
3. Maybe a new thermostat?

And then go to the movies.