Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy 11th (gasp) Anniversary!!




The Vescapades family headed to Norfolk this weekend for the wedding of my cousin Jaima. We haven't been to Norfolk in ages, and this trip reminded me why: 15 minutes from home Soren was fussing, Evelyn and Brody were fighting, and my head was throbbing. I really and truly hate car trips.

Despite the rough start, we had a lovely time at the wedding and saw some family we haven't seen in forever. My cousin Shane is a veterinarian. Anyone who knows my cat will be pleased to know that Shane recommended we give Tiger Prozac to curb his constant need to attack small children. We also finally met Colby's cousin Jamie's little girl for the first time. She's already crawling, and I'm amazed that we hadn't yet gotten the chance to see her. Colby fell in love with her right away and tried to stuff her in my purse when no one was looking.

Jaima's wedding took place on May 30th, which just happens to be my wedding anniversary, as well. Colby and I have been through some really rough times in 11 years. The old saying about making lemonade when life gives you lemons. . . We've had to make lemonade, lemon pie lemon cookies, and lemon chicken. We are lucky, nonetheless. We've had the tenacity to weather a lot of storms, but the tenderness to enjoy our life and our children. I hope that we are given the opportunity to grow old together. I also hope that May 30th brings good luck for my cousin just as it has for Colby and me.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love your dress! It was nice to see you in Norfolk again! I know that it is alot of trouble to come this way, but it is sure nice when we can get together.