Monday, June 29, 2009

Just One of Those Days

It all started with the need to actually function properly before 9am. Brody had a dentist appointment at 9am this morning to get some cavities filled. I got up at 6:30 am in an attempt to be showered, have all the children fed and presentable, and still have time to make it across town on time. Keep in mind people that since school let out we have been a bunch of late risers who eat breakfast at 8:30 am and like to sit around in our jammies until lunch. I took a shower, watched an ER rerun while my hair dried and I ate some Cheerios (my first bowl since the teeth pulling), and woke the boys at 7:35 am. They were not pleased but reluctantly got up all bed headed and drowsy. Evie didn't get up until 8 am, and Soren was even lazier with an 8:15 am start.

We made it to the dentist on time, and it took about an hour to get Brody's cavities filled. The girls fought the whole time. We went to Barnes & Noble afterward for story time and drove through the nearby McFatAss because I felt bad for Brody. Soren then cried the entire 20 minutes home because I wouldn't give her my soda. She had also bolted outside the B&N, and I had to run for the first time in 11 years to catch up before she got hit by a car.

When we got home, I put Soren on the potty to poop. She promptly kicked me out, as usual. She decided to get off the toilet by herself with a poopy butt and smeared poo all over the potty seat. During the clean up poo was also deposited on towels and a bath mat. Yummo.

I'm hoping the day improves, but it's not looking good. Every time I sit down to type someone has to take a dump, needs a drink, or is trying to swallow a marble.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Well this made me laugh. With you, of course.

When JT, WHO IS 9, decides he wants someone to wipe his backside he calls "cleanup on aisle 7."

And on another note all together: yes, you can still plant some radishes. Look for heat tolerant seeds. Or on-sale seeds :).