Sunday, June 28, 2009

So Busy

We've had such a busy weekend that I have neglected my blogging and Facebooking. When you're at home as much as I am those two things become very important tools for keeping in touch with the outside world and ones self. Luckily, I was occupied with many exciting activities this weekend and had real people to talk to.

Friday night we went to my cousin Rebecca's wedding reception in Omaha. She had a lovely vegetarian meal at The Uptown Brewing Co. and a great reception at Lauritzen Gardens. We had free access to all of the paths and gardens, so Colby took the kids on a few long hikes through the foliage. I sat at a table with my cousins in an air conditioned room and drank too much wine from the open bar. I had the best chocolate cake I've ever had in my 30 years of chocolate cake eating. I had to take a photo.


Saturday Colby took the kids to the zoo so I could go on a girl date with my friend Amanda. We went to lunch, Target, and David's Bridal to try on wedding dresses for her wedding in April. When I got home, we ate s'mores after supper and watched some of the new Good Eats dvd I bought while on my girl date. Around 10 pm I got a craving for a chicken strip basket from DQ, so my loving husband went out and got me one. Gorged on fried chicken and white gravy, we headed to bed.

Today we went to ShopKo and Target to pick up some groceries and roman shades for the new kitchen. Shhh. . . Colby hung one shade crooked, but I told him we could leave it so he wouldn't have to drill anymore holes in the door. We went to a fantastic Mexican restaurant for lunch, Las Margaritas. It's family-owned and 100 times better than Carlos O'Kelly's. The weather is fantastic today with a nice warm 87 degrees but humidity only in the 30 percents. I wish the whole summer could be like this. We are hoping to have supper with Sara and Travis and their kiddos tonight. It would be a great finale to a great weekend.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

ugh, lucky! i was so craving a chicken strip basket from DQ but didn't make it there today!