Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Doctor Trip Tuesday

Today Colby had the day off so that we could drive Brody (and everyone else) to Omaha for a check up at the ear, nose, and throat doctor. He still has a perforation in his right ear drum from where he had tubes as an infant. He's had the perforation for years and years, but due to the intricacies of the American insurance system, now has been the only time we could actually have it done. Or so we think. You see, having a hole in one's ear drum fixed is considered to be an entirely elective procedure. The fact that one has a hole in his ear drum does not necessitate, under our current insurance system, a repair. Who the f#*k needs an intact ear drum anyway? Colby will certainly be spending countless minutes on the phone with Blue Cross Blue Shield checking out whether or not Brody will have a mended ear drum or a holey one. By the way, the perforation has caused hearing loss and could continue to do so. But fixing it is elective. . .

A trip to Omaha meant a trip to While Foods for deliciousness and gelatto. I hope to someday be able to afford to buy all organic foods, but for now we'll stick with some yummy fruits, cheeses, and produce.

Tomorrow I have my wisdom tooth pulled. I have some Valium waiting to help me get through the i.v. You know me and needles. . . I can give birth without pain medication and i.v.s as a direct result of my irrational fear of needles. Completely irrational. I really need to get a grip.

No comments: