Friday, June 19, 2009

Chili Dogs

I decided that tonight Colby needed to both plan and cook a meal for the family. So what does he pick? Chili dogs. "I'll cut up some apples to go with it!" he says after my comments about the nutritional value of said meal. Besides, only he and I like chili, so the meal really isn't that thought out. Undeterred, he charges ahead.

He goes to the store and this is his list: can of chili, Cheez Whiz, hot dog buns. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that was his grocery list. As he is preparing the chili he notes, "I used to keep a can of this on hand all the time when I was in Ohio. I made that chili Velveeta dip all the time." And he blames MY cooking for his girth. Right.

Anyway, always one for finding a new way to make Dade cry, Colby proposes a challenge: if Brody and Dade each eat a whole hot dog with chili he would buy them each a guy at the toy store. After careful consideration they both accepted. Rules were laid out and the eating began. Brody actually liked his dog, I think. He didn't complain about the taste but kept repeating for his own enjoyment that he was "going to have the toots later from these beans." Classy. Dade on the other hand was much more apprehensive. He is known for his ability to take up to 2 hours to finish a pork chop or chicken breast or some other food he doesn't like.

Brody was winning, so in order to speed Dade along I threw in an additional rule: whoever finishes first gets to pick the guy out for both boys. This threw Dade into a fit of tears and snot, all while holding in a ginormous mouthful of hot dog. You see, Brody's strategy was to take a bite, chew, and swallow. Dade's strategy was to take a bite three times too big for his mouth, cry, blow snot out of this nose, then swallow.

Needless to say, Brody will be picking out two wrestling guys tomorrow. Oh, and I promised Dade I wouldn't blog about this so shhhh.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

You people know how to have a good time.