Saturday, June 13, 2009

Home Improvement


The moment I have been waiting for has arrived: Colby has started painting the kitchen and living room. The vaulted ceilings have been a pain in the butt, but with the help of a neighbor's extension ladder Colby got the ceilings primed and ready for paint. The holes are all puttied. The walls are emptied of all photos and knickknacks. Soon our kitchen will no longer be the mossy green chosen by the previous home owners. It's being replaced by denim blue and creamy white. The cupboard refinishing project may be put off until a later date, but I think I can speed it along if I just keep bitching. The living room will be shades of coffee brown and antique white.

In teeth news, I just want to mention that I hope to never see another cup of tomato soup ever again. Ever. I'm even getting tired of Panera Bread broccoli cheese soup. I eat more sodium and pudding in a day than any 30-year-old woman should. Please goddess, let my mouth feel better soon. I'm desperate for a bowl of Cheerios. There is smoked salmon and fresh mozzarella sitting in my fridge, and all I can do is dream about them. And maybe lick them. But that's gross. And desperate.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Looking forward to the after pictures. And hoping that your mouth feels better soon.