Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day





Today was hot and muggy, but that didn't stop us from having a really nice day as a family. To celebrate, we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast, and I was able to kind of eat eggs in a basket (you know, where they cook the egg inside the toast). Colby spent most of the afternoon putting together our new hall table and watching an Elvis movie. After that, he placed his first F-Day gift, a record player, on the new hall table. It also plays c.d.s and tapes. You can hook up your mp3 player, too. Now the whole house can enjoy my mix of Faggoty Attention (yes, I love gay guys singing "love" songs), Fall Out Boy, and rap hits. On second thought, maybe I should keep those to myself. Yes.

Moving on, Colby mowed the lawn while the kids played in the pool and the boys got sunburned. Yowch. I mowed like 5 feet before my teeth started to hurt. Thank goodness I have a big, strong baby daddy around to do yard work and kill spiders.

For supper Colby cooked brats for everyone but me (I had salmon, much easier to "chew") on his new charcoal grill. Then, he took the kids on a bike ride with the girls riding in his new bike trailer. I don't have a bike, so I stayed home and clipped coupons while watching Food Network and imagining all the things I could be eating if I could chew. Curse you, Giada Di Laurentis!

All in all, we had a great day. It was an ordinary day, really, but I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments: