Monday, June 15, 2009

Does the Cat Look Stoned to You?




Our cat Tiger is infamous for his feline instincts. He stalks his prey from atop the chair. He waits until an unsuspecting child, grown up, or dishwasher repairman walks by and then WHAM!!! He jumps up (or down) and grabs on to an arm or leg, wreaking havoc amongst family and friends alike. In essence, I was sick of Tiger being, well, a tiger. Brody is afraid to even walk by our Puss Puss. So, in an effort to curb his meanness, my cousin Shane the veterinarian suggested we give Tiger a small dose of Prozac for a few months. He said that cats are sometimes kind of crazy and that my uncle's cat used to jump out of trees and attack his kids. Phew. It's not just my cat.

So, I made the trip to Walgreens to pick up the "pussy Prozac" as I have been calling it. Despite modern use of the term in reference to female genitalia, our cat is often called Puss Puss in reference to the old use of the term. The woman at the pharmacy told me that she had a prescription for Puss Vesely and added that this is only one of many prescriptions she has filled for pussy Prozac. Again, phew. It's not just my cat.

After two days of puss Prozac, Tiger is definitely much more mellow. He actually lets the kids pet him. He hasn't attacked anyone. My neighbors can come in the house and not worry that they will leave with cat bites. He doesn't sit by the back door and loudly MEOW MEOW MEOW to be let outside. All in all, I think my attempts to curb his natural instincts have been a success. Why do I feel so dirty?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo that helps the loud annoying meows? Huh, maybe we should try that for Stolie?
-Amber

Stacy said...

Well, a cat who doesn't attack the unsuspecting (not to mention the suspecting) adds to the quality of life.....which is the purpose of pets, as far as I am concerned. I say you pour yourself a glass of wine and pass the pussy prozac to the kitty.