Friday, February 13, 2009

Anti-Valentine's Day



The 5th graders at Dade's school always have a Valentine's Day box contest. We decided to go a different direction and do a more non traditional box and valentines. Dade didn't win the prize for creativity. A SpongeBob won, but how creative is that, really? Come on, I think our box was very creative and unique. I guess next time we'll need more detail.

My sister-in-law designed the valentine's cards themselves from an idea in Family Fun Magazine. They're so cute, but they took almost an entire ink cartridge to make.

In other news, school has been cancelled for the day, and it hasn't even started to snow yet. My neighbor helped me take Colby's car to the airport yesterday so we wouldn't have to get him from the airport in a blizzard, that is, if he can make it into Lincoln. Also, I had no headache yesterday. Yay!

I'm spending Soren's naptime making snickerdoodles, having a cup of coffee, and reading the new Ann Rule book. I rarely make snickerdoodles because of all the rolling and such involved, buy my-oh-my are they delicious! I have already swept, vacuumed, mopped all the floors and am in the process of washing all the sheets and blankets. What a way to spend a snow day.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I like Dade's box!

Hope the snow didn't keep Colby from getting home safely. Enjoy the weekend.