Monday, February 2, 2009

Evelyn's Sleepy


Something that Evelyn has done since she was a toddler is twirl her hair whenever she's tired or just waking up from sleep. It's something that is so characteristically her that I just have to write about it. She never had a special toy or blanket; she always has her hair. The same hair that she won't let me comb or style keeps her comforted as she drifts to sleep. It's so sweet and a perfect signal that it's time for bed.

Brody used to twiddle his belly button, even if he had to reach up the side of his onesie to get to it. He doesn't do it anymore, but it is definitely something I will always look back on with a smile.

Dade had his Piglet, of course.

1 comment:

Colby31 said...

I not sure if I have a special thing I do at bed time. Nichole on the other hand rubs her feet together. When we were first together she did this so much I got sea sick.