Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Girly




Every day for the past few days, Evelyn and Soren have been wearing necklaces, painting their fingernails, and wearing perfume. With the boys at school all day and Colby gone, the girls and I have grown pretty close. Evelyn acts and talks just like me. She's like a little mother hen with other kids, but takes charge or tattles when need be. I want to post a few photos of my girly girls. One shows Soren admiring her pink fingernails, and the other is Soren rockin' a strawberry stained shirt with fancy hair and accessories. And a runny nose. The photo of Evie is from last summer, but I still love it!

I enjoy watching my sons and daughters grow up together. They are different in so many ways, ways that only biology can explain. Yet, Evelyn loves to watch wrestling just like her big brothers. They have their moments of calm and their moments of tempest. Tempers flare and hugs abound. My siblings are so much younger than me that they are more like my children really. My experience with sibling rivalry and bonding has been with my children.

Also, the roof guy came today, and unfortunately, we only have about $250 worth of damage. I guess we'll just keep fixing these $250 patches of roof until the whole thing has been replaced. I think that's the insurance company's goal so they don't have to pay out.

So far today no headache which is great! The weather is still sunny, but a big snowstorm comes in on Friday, just in time for Colby to (hopefully) fly home. Yay.

2 comments:

Colby31 said...

I just love that the girls are picking up their mother's wonderful habits. The best are the smart mouth and throwing things if they don't get their way. That is why when I am home I fit with the boys and teach them to burp the alphabet.
I think I have learned more living with my children than I did at community college. I grow every day and learn new things every day through my children. Just remember that even after the comments above, I love you Nichole.

Stacy said...

I like the girly look. Only Lucy the cat and I can make that happen at my home and Lucy's not much for the glitter eyeliner. I'd love to have a little girl but 1)I'm 41 and single and 2) does there really need to be a 2 when #1 explains it all?

Oh and: Get those headaches checked out pronto.