Thursday, February 19, 2009

He's the One They Call Dr. Feelgood

I'm not feeling very inspired today. It's been kind of a ho hum week as far as my creativity goes. I feel like I'm in a rut. Maybe it's just a touch of spring fever. In any case, I apologize for my lack of excitement.

I saw Dr. Hottie today about my headaches. I haven't had one in about a week now, so he's pretty sure it's not a tumor (insert Arnold Schwartzenegger voice). My blood pressure was good, my glasses aren't yet a year old, and I have good dental health. The diagnosis?? Tension!!! Imagine that. He also said my NuvaRing is probably contributing somewhat, but gave me some free samples of it to save me some money and 9 months of hell. Nice guy. The best medicine was the hug he gave me and the nice, "You'll be okay." He went to medical school for this?? My husband thinks we need a new doctor, but even he has to admit that Dr. Hottie is, well, hot. He gave the girls a hundred stickers and sent us on our way.

As we waited for Dr. Glenn to see us, Evelyn used a tongue depressor to eat the cereal we packed for snack. It kept her occupied. She also fell off the little spinny chair all doctors keep in the exam rooms but promptly stood up and said, "I'm okay!" Soren banged on the trash can like a drum so hard that the nurses thought there was construction next door. Dr. Glenn peeked his head in to say, "You're here for headaches? I can't imagine why."

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Going to see the doc with kids in tow is the very definition of stress & tension.

Gives me a headache to even think about.

Maybe some meditation at night? I get mileage out of that.

But then I only have the one kid. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Evie's "i'm okay" is classic. I could totally picture that happening and even hear her say it in that sweet voice of hers! I hope to be down this weekend and spend the night sunday so hopefully that will help relieve just a little of tension...just a litte!