Friday, February 6, 2009

Guac-Nichole-e





I have this thing where I make up new words for food or processes on which I put my own spin. For example this blog is called vescapades because it's my combination of Vesely and escapades. The other night I made one of my family's favorite made-up word foods: guac-nichole-e. It's my lazy version of guacamole with the works. I put a ripe avocado in the food processor with some salsa. Whirl it up til the avocado is mashed and the salsa isn't chunky. My family, excluding me, will not eat chunky salsa. I dump the avocado mixture into a bowl and stir in sour cream and sharp cheddar cheese. Sometimes I spread this mixture over refried black beans on tostadas or tortillas. The kids like it as a dip with chips.

It looks like dirty diaper but tastes yummy! Even the dog has a go at the droppings.

In other news, the nice weather is allowing for outdoor play!!! My sanity has been partially restored through playing at the park and chatting on Facebook. Colby comes home in a week, just in time for Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Sounds pretty good to me!

Colby31 said...

Nichole buy some good pizzas and we will have them Saturday Night. I have the movie Incredible Hulk. We can have a pizza and movie family night.