Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

The weather here is gorgeous. Yesterday it was so windy it literally blew the roof off the house. The insurance guy should come in the next few days. The neighbor across the street, J, called to tell me that my roof was blowing off. She also invited the girls and me over for coffee this morning.

We stepped outside around 9:30 am, and it was soooo beautiful. We stayed and played and chit-chatted for about three hours before we had to come home for lunch and nap. I really appreciated the conversation. My neighbors are great folks. J sent me home with some bulbs to plant this afternoon. Her husband made sure our coffee was warm and that we all had a snack. He was a bachelor til he married J seven years ago, and now he's in his fifties. He lets the kids come over and tinker with him in his garage and lets them call him grandpa. When you're a kid, I guess all gray-haired people are grandpa. He cleared snow off the driveway for me and fixed my crazy smoke alarm. J makes the kids treats like puppy chow and cherry mash, things I never keep around because I eat them.

J got out her herbal remedy book and looked up my headaches. I made an appointment to see Dr. Hottie next week, but I'm pretty sure tension will be the culprit behind my headaches.

1 comment:

Colby31 said...

Today in my little world of work and apartment I found a small wonderful pleasure. Here in Ohio we occasionally have good weather and today was very nice. My office is a small cheaply wood paneled cave. So, I sometimes (more often than I should) go wondering to the office of our food safety managers office up stairs from mine. He has a window that looks out onto the previous plant manager’s home. Why he is no longer the manager is another story. The window was open and the breeze that was coming through it was nothing short of amazing. I was chatting and I forgot what we were talking and just stood there enjoying the feeling. That is a small wonder that no person should ignore.