Sunday, February 1, 2009

Brody's Birthday Party


Yesterday was party day, and it was no disappointment. We rented the neighborhood rec center and filled it with kindergartners and kids and family. Colby, Scott, and Carrie set up scooter races, dodge ball, and duck duck goose. They had shuttle runs for prizes. I got to meet a bunch of Brody's classmates and their parents. All the kids were really good, and we only had two minor injuries. Despite the fact that I requested no gifts, Brody got lots of lovely toys and crafty items from his friends.

After the party, we went out to eat at the local trough, I mean, buffet with family and friends. Dade ate more food than I've ever seen anyone eat in my entire life. I think he ate more than any of the grown ups. After supper, Sara and Travis and the kids came over for awhile and then headed back to their hotel.

Today I have a big day of shopping planned. Sadly, our gourmet waffle maker broke after 6 hard years of use. Poor thing just couldn't take the heat anymore (ha ha).

No comments: