Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Cat Food Caper

So, I thought our kitten Tiger was a pig. It always seemed like his food bowl was empty. When we brought Tiger home, he was 2 lbs and no match for our dogs. I put his food dish up on top of our record player speakers in the den so that he could eat safely out of reach of the dogs. The dogs' food and water was also in the den, which meant that Soren was constantly playing in the water and eating the food.

In order to keep Soren from eating dog food, I moved the dogs' food and water downstairs. The cat's food remained on top of the stereo. For days now the dogs have been standing in the den waiting for their food to magically appear, even though I've shown them repeatedly that their food is now downstairs.

So, everyday we feed the cat. Everyday the bowl is emptied - usually twice. I finally figured out why. As I walked by the den this evening, I see Jefferson standing on top of the stereo speakers eating the cat's food. I can't decide if Jefferson is a total idiot or a genius. I'm gonna go with idiot.

2 comments:

Colby31 said...

I believe that Jefferson is a genius. Mo acts like a cat and Tiger is a cat, so Jeff eats cat food. This is the only way Jeff can fit in with with the cool pets. It is just that he has no idea that he will never be cool. I just hate to be the person to tell Jefferson.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Nichole, Jeff is an idiot.