Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hooray, Hooray! It's Inauguration Day!




I feel like all I want to do today is sing "America the Beautiful" over and over again. It's a great day to be an American, isn't it? My kids know how excited I was about Barack Obama's election, and they have shown a real maturity about politics. Some campaign season quotes:

Brody: "John McCain is and idiot."
While watching the inauguration this morning: "Where's John McCain?"

Evelyn: "I love the Rock Obama."

Dade: "Today is a special day for Americans, especially African Americans." He said that , really.

We all sat in the living room and watched the inauguration this morning. The kids enjoyed Aretha Franklin's hat, and Brody said, "She's a terrible singer." Nice. I asked them to be as quiet as possible while I listened to Obama's speech, and the best I got was two crying fits, three pleas for an apple, at least 4 fights, and two requests for a piece of gum.

Later, in honor of the departing Prez Bush, we went outside and picked up dog poop.

No comments: